Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Experiences Imprinted On Your Heart and Soul

When my Mom died in 2007, it left an imprint on my heart and soul. Her health had deteriorated rapidly in less than a year. We brought her home from the hospital and on the 3rd day, we all knew she was "passing into the next life."

In the last days and hours of her life, she would awake with a beautiful smile on her face. It was an unusually windy, balmy October day. Her passing was peaceful with many touching and divine experiences. I can still hear her exclaiming, "I heard it," when I asked her if she heard her wind chimes. 

The Hospice Chaplain prayed and sang softly to her. My brother and I were by her side, telling her we loved her and what a wonderful mother, friend, and partner she had been. We repeated one of her favorite sayings:

“Let Go and Let God” … She slipped peacefully away into the Angels’ arms.

I miss her so much.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sis This is a Beautiful Blog & it has made me SMILE! U are a great friend & sister & I miss you lots. I always tyr to SMILE at people as I pass them , It makes me Happy & I hope it makes them Happy to. Can't wait to see you next mth.
    Your Positive Vibs does afect others & You have Beautiful Positive Vibs. The best mesage you can give to anyone is to THINK GOOD THOUGHTS & BE POSITIVE . If you are depressed it will help bring you out of that dark place. Help others to feel yoour Happiness , it does rub off. Stay Positive my dear sister , U are one of the most Positive people I know & I am glad you are in my Life. I am glad you & Gary were with mom to keep her happy & help her on her passing over. What you sow so shall you reap, sow good seeds too help make the World a better , loving , happy , Positive place for us all & all our Vibs will out shine the small persent of the bad vibs out there. Keep SMILING love to Ann see you both real soon I Luv U . xx oo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sweetie!

    You are also a positive person and as Edye used to say, "a Brave Buckaroo." See today's post about Powerful Lessons Shared - reinforces what we're saying.

    Keep Smiling ... it makes a difference!

    Love you & can't wait to see you next month! XOXO

    ReplyDelete