Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Soothing Sound of Water

It is early morning and I sit listening to water cascading down from our rooftop, draining from the night’s rainfall. I love the sound of moving water – a fountain, stream, and waterfall all create tranquility for me. This past week-end we escaped to our favorite B&B in Palm Springs. It is a Mediterranean, Bohemian resort where you feel like you have traveled to another country. The comfort comes from its simplicity.

We listened to water gurgling in the fountains and watched rain drops dance on top of the pool. Three small waterfalls splash down a wall of rocks. On Saturday, we hiked Tahquitz Canyon and listened to water swish through the streams. When we reached the top of the trail, we were entertained by the magical sight of waterfalls descending 90 feet down a calcified-white canyon. The reflection of the boulders was captured in the pond below. It truly was a point of reflection.


The calming effect of water is like soaking in a warm bath tub and floating away with the bubbles.

2 comments:

  1. You always inspire me! Understanding and accepting that we are where we are in life for a special purpose is difficult at times when we are not doing what WE think we should be. Your thoughts keep me positive knowing that I may not have what I want but I have what I need. Happy Days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! We inspire each other.

    ReplyDelete