Friday, May 7, 2010

The Power of Awareness

A friend once told me it was the “season” for falling stars. She had seen several in the recent nights. I rarely see them. A couple days after our conversation, I looked up at the stars hoping to see one. And then ... it flashed across the dark sky!

Another time, a friend told me she saw a Heron which Native Americans believe is a sign of God. A few days later, I had been working on an inspirational piece about mystical experiences in New Mexico. On my way to Writing class that night, I saw something on the side of the road. It was about 3 feet high. I wondered what it could be. It was a heron!

Keep your mind open and be present. Many gifts are within our vision and reach. Awareness allows us to experience them.

2 comments:

  1. HI Their Shell
    I am your Biggest FAN sister. , Miss you lots , nice to talk with you on the phone today.
    WOW! Wonderful Stuff, you said you didn't know what to write about, and then lots of Amazing stuff just flowed out. LOVE IT.
    Guess What , we had a BIG , Beautiful Heron , living in the trees on this little Island near us where the Swans live , He would stay so still, and look so Majestic for hours. I would watch him for ages, I was so Amazed with Him I couln't stop watching Him.He stayed all that Summer , flying around the area, 2 years ago now , haven't seen him since, BEAUTIFUL , I didn't know that the Heron was a sign of GOD.

    Oh yes that is a friend from Palmyra High School Leburn Maddox
    He lives here in Oxford now , pretty close to us. He has been an Amazing Guitar player then and has progressed, so much more , he sent me a song and he's playing at a lot of the summer festivals here. Their is a pic in the ones on my profile if you look through them with him playing with Joss Stone the blues sinner. xx
    your writing is very GOOD and I find it easy to read , has a nice flow and made me feel more Grateful and more aware. I do notice things and appreciate nature & Mother Earth and like to champion her cause. Everything in Nature is AMAZING including us. & everything is designed for a special purpose one of which is to RESPECT! EARTH< & all of her creatures including each other and all the interesting Country's & Cultures. RESPECT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Melissa - What a sweet post! Your appreciation means a lot to me.

    Wow - that's great you got to spend so much time with the heron. I always like to think when we see signs of God and angels like the 11:11 story I told you, that our Mom is close-by. We have some of her things in the office & Pandy spends a lot of time there. Sometimes she looks around or acts a little funny & Ann thinks it's Mom. We always say that she would be tickled to see how we love & spoil Pandy. :)

    I hope you get to see your friend's band. I'll check out the pics.

    It was a nice chat with you & Soph yesterday! Love you!

    ReplyDelete