Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Reassurance in a Complex World

I’m back! Yesterday - I finally jump-started my writing again. It had been so long. My thoughts were the usual: What do I write? Then I just sat down and wrote.

Life happens … Things get in the way and distract us. Determination means not giving up - no matter what. On June 28th, my niece called to tell me my brother had fallen from a two-story roof while working. In less than four hours, I boarded a plane for the east coast. It was a grueling 11-hour flight with two stops on a one-way ticket.

My world was out of sync. I left a comfortable, peaceful life and stepped into 10 days of anxiety and distress. A strong belief system got me through the tough time. Faith – knowing my brother would be alright. Reassurance – knowing I would be back in my comfort zone again.

The rhythm of writing was interrupted. It was hard to find the time to write with so many things to do. Yesterday, I sat down, wrote for hours, and resumed my projects. I smiled as I wrote. You could hear the happiness in my voice.  Today, I sit in the kitchen and write as the sun streams in the window. The ocean is calm and cool blue. Looking for the perfect description of color I found …


Blue Iris - "Combining the stable and calming aspects of blue with the mystical and spiritual qualities of purple.  Blue Iris satisfies the need for reassurance in a complex world, while adding a hint of mystery and excitement."

A perfect description … onto new and exciting things!


4 comments:

  1. I love reading your posts Michelle. It brings me closer to you, lifts my spirits and encourages me to be kind to myself and keep my faith in the process of life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Misch! Looks like I'm accomplishing my goal: "touch your heart & inspire your soul."
    ~ Namaste my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. God Bless you You are BACK you sound wonderful & rejuvinated. Thanks for the wonderful inspiration you have always been for the pasr 43 years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi sweetie Pie , what a beautiful flower, colours are Amazing just like all nature and you.
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY! to our Brother Gary, I sent him the Smile box that I sent you , and another one hope you saw it.I also changed it a bit and sent one to Tiffany and Michael , Tiffany had sent me some pics , I was so Happy to get them and hear fr her Bles you + PRO-peace XXOO

    ReplyDelete