Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Silver Linings

Around five this morning, I woke and could not get back to sleep. I lay in bed reflecting on my writing and the reason it was stifled. The block occurred after our writing group’s last critique. Although constructive, the feedback made me question the purpose of my story. After several re-writes, critiques, and versions, it morphed into a different story – not the one I wanted to tell. 

I have always said we learn what we want, by knowing what we do not want. It seems counter-intuitive, but it works. When faced with diversity, remember there may be a reason. Many people are alive today because on 9/11, they over-slept, were in a traffic jam, or at the last minute – had a change in plans.

It is a mindset and challenge – to see positive outcomes from negative situations. Here’s the rainbow that appeared today, after seeing a silver lining …

No comments:

Post a Comment